Ralph W. Sparks
American Legion Post 336
Lounge Rules and Regulations
- The following lounge rules and regulations are applicable to any person or persons who are on the premises, in the lounge, or in the dining hall during non meeting events.
- The following people shall be admitted to the lounge and post area:
All current members of the American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, Sons of the American Legion, and their escorted guests.
- Bar Sales will be to members only. Any member bringing a guest in to the lounge must make all purchases for their nonmember guests from a bartender on duty. Guest must depart when the “host” member leaves. The guest may be signed in by another member.
- The bartender and or bar manager on duty shall have full authority to enforce the house rules while on duty and may eject anyone for misconduct or violation of these rules. Members shall have the right to appeal to the Board of Directors.
- The safety of all members and guests are the responsibility of the Bartender on duty. It is the duty of all post officers to assist the bartender on duty in the enforcement of all post lounge rules.
- The Post Commander, 2nd Vice Commander, Bar Manager, and Bartenders on duty are the only authorized personnel permitted behind the bar without the expressed permission of the Bartender on Duty.
- No one may bring alcoholic beverages into the lounge, or consume such beverages on Post property at any time.
- No one may take alcoholic beverages from the premises at any time.
- The Post Lounge shall be operated in accordance with state and local laws as covered by the American Legion By-Laws and all licensing regulations. Some of which include:
- No one under the age of 21 shall be served alcoholic beverages under any circumstances.
- No member or guest may give an alcoholic beverage to anyone under the age of 21.
- No pets or animals are permitted in the lounge area or post home at any time. (With the exception of guide dogs for legally impaired members or guests.)
- While in the post home, children shall be under the direct supervision of their parents and guardians at all times. Children are never permitting to be seated at the bar.
- Children less than 18 years of age must leave the lounge by 9:00pm.
- Loud Boisterous, Profane Language, Threatening Remarks or Racists Remarks will not be tolerated on post property or at any American Legion sanctioned event. First offense: a verbal warning Second offense: Ejection from the lounge and or event.
- Fighting on post property or at any American Legion sanctioned event will not be tolerated. (Fighting is defined as a mutual combat/mutual physical altercation between 2 or more individuals).
- Battery on Post Property or at an American Legion sanctioned event will not be tolerated. (Battery is defined as any actual pushing or striking of another individual against the will of that individual).
- Dress Code:
- All Active Duty Personnel in uniform must wear the uniform in accordance with the appropriate military regulations governing its wear.
- Shirt and shoes much be worn at all times while in the post home.
- There will be no illegal substances brought on legion property or any other items that may cause the post to lose their licensing. Anyone caught violating this rule will be immediately asked to leave the post property until the Executive Board can meet to impose a penalty.
- Any members subject to disciplinary action will be notified in writing of the nature of the offense and investigated under the by-laws of the American Legion. Disciplinary action resulting from any infraction of any rule listed above will be address by the Executive Board.
- Any member who allows their membership to expire may not be the escorted guest of a member of the post, or any post, nor may they purchase or have anyone purchase anything from the post. Extenuating circumstance for financial hardship, illness, or deployment will be evaluated by the Executive Board on an individual basis.
LOUNGE CONDUCT THAT MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION BY THE
POST EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
- Conduct unbecoming of a member of the American Legion
- Leaving post property with alcoholic beverages from the bar or dining area
- Bringing alcoholic beverages onto post property
- Profane or abusive language
- Rowdy behavior or fighting
- Destruction of post property
- Theft of post property
- Going behind the bar without authorization
The rules listed above may be amended, changed or modified at any time by the Executive Board as the need arises.